Saturday, November 12, 2011

worst recruiter?

You know the fastest response ever?

That email only said "When can we talk over the phone?" Nothing like "Hi Carin", "Thanks for your application" or any other pleasantries. Was not sure what to think of that, I think you should always appear polite when dealing with formal emails. I email back and ask when it is suitable to have the phone interview.

I do not hear from him for one and a half week, then he calls me out of the blue one afternoon without giving a heads up. I did not answer as I was not in the best position to do so. I email him back to schedule a talk. I ask again when it is suitable. He answers "Anytime.". No "Hi" nor a "Regards xxx".

I email back, always with "Hi xxx" and "Best regards, Carin", suggesting 1 pm. Even though he said "Anytime." he emails back and wants to push it to 2 pm. Fine with me. At said time I leave the office and waiting for the call. I wait until 2.15 pm. No call. No email.

I email. He answers with a "Sorry" and that he was delayed. Why not send a short text or email?

We finally manage to get a phone call the next day. He starts telling a bit about the company and the position. He says that he thinks I have a very interesting profile. He also mentions that there are several other vacant positions if I wish to have my CV passed on to those people. Sure he could do that. Then it sounds like he tries to end the conversation and I barely get to stick in another question, asking if that means that I will or will not be in the race for the job I applied for. He then explains that there are other applicants with a better background.

So what? We have gone through all this problem to schedule a phone conversation for a job that I am not even in the race for? Why could you not have written an email saying that? I did not even get the chance to talk about myself or my experiences. You were not even nice and inviting in the emails making me want to work for the company!

When dealing with possibly future employees you better appear nice and inviting. Otherwise you should just stick to your working tasks and not be part of the recruting.

Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment