Sunday, December 9, 2007

realizing

Today someone lit a fire under my ass. Maybe it was my conscience that finally got to me. I have so much to do now, got an exam on Thursday, have to figure out the topic for my term paper, do research for the paper, write an article for the student magazine at JIBS and on and on it goes. Many small things to clear up and emails to write, things that takes time. Time that I need for studying for the exam. But I still feel confident.

At least we got the cleaning an the inspection of the flat done today and now I've been writing on that article so it is ready to send in. It is an article about my two exchange semester, from Singapore to Finland. Now when I had to think about it I realized how much more fun I had in Singapore. But on the other hand it feels bad to say that one was better than the other since they were so different. Although there is one thing that tells me that one was better than the other. I cried my eyes out when one of my good friends left Singapore. When I was leaving and had to say goodbye at the airport to my newly found best friend I cried too. It was awful. The thing is that I don't think I will cry time. My exchange here in Finland hasn't affected me as much as the one in Singapore.

2 comments:

  1. i was once upon a time an exchange student myself, first in japan, then in sweden. meeting so many people from different cultures is indeed one of the many perks of going abroad. but then as you experience, parting ways with people can be tough. always gets reminded by what jostein gaarder in the book sophie's world wrote: "Life is both sad and solemn. We are let into a wonderful world, we meet one another here, greet each other – and wander together for a brief moment. Then we lose each other and disappear as suddenly and unreasonably as we arrived."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true. I couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete