Monday, January 24, 2011

i am social and outgoing

The interview on Friday went well and a few interesting things happened. First of all the interviewer was a little bit surprised when I told him I like working with numbers as he did not see and get that feeling from my experiences so far. From my application he saw me as a social and outgoing person and he could not see that I am a person who likes numbers, statistics and actually thinks it is fun with Excel. The reason being that from his own experience of the people in his line of work you were either a person into numbers or someone social and outgoing. Usually either or. And there I came with all of it and made him all confused and having difficulties figuring me out. So we ended up talking for quite some time and he asked several personal questions as well to get hold of who I am.

The second thing that hit me is that up until quite recently I would not really have described myself as social and outgoing, and it still surprises me a little when people uses those characteristics about me. But it is true. I just have to get used to the fact that it is two qualities that actually describes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment