Tuesday, June 19, 2007

chaos

Nothing seems to be running smoothly for me these couple of days.
Work today was a total chaos.
I opened the bar today and when I started the cash register (it's a computer, a flat touch screen) it didn't start up like normal. It had crashed. Wonderful.
I can't sell anything if it's not working, I can't print any receipts. And I had guests.
The next thing to notice was that the coffee machine was broken as well. No coffee, cappuccino, espresso. Well, we could make black coffee in a normal brewer.
The one thing that made it even worse, was that all the managers was in a meeting this day. Great. So no one to call. Eventually I got help though.
So basically everything was a mess.
For a while I had to run to the cash register in the restaurant to print the receipts and if they wanted to pay with cash I had to go back to the cash register in the bar.
But the computer guy showed up rather soon an exchanged the the cash register for another. After that I managed.

No comments:

Post a Comment