Thursday, July 3, 2008

take it or not, that's the question

So I got the job at Maersk. Early Tuesday they called and gladly offered me it. Before I had the job it was easy to turn it down, when it was not real. Now however, it is real and much more difficult. This time I feel more happy about it and might actually say yes. Will think about it untill tomorrow and call them to tell them my answer. And if I heard him right, I will have a pretty good salary. But of course that is not the only reason to why I am thinking about saying yes. Yeah I know, I am switching here and there very fast. That is also why I wanted a couple of days to think about it. I let you know my decision.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carin,

    Firstly, congratulations on being offered the job! Well done!

    I just stumbled on your blog by accident while looking for tips or hints with regards to an interview at Maersk. Well I was in Copenhagen on Thursday for my first interview (with regards to a HR position) and I think it went well. It was really cool to read what you wrote so I had a rough idea what to expect. You did better than me on the tests :) I managed 19 out of 25. I think maybe I looked too deep into the statement questions as I felt some of the statements were too sweeping and I didn't want to assume.

    I now have to wait 2 weeks to discover if I get a call back for the 2nd interview.

    I left the first interview feeling positive and I think I did a decent enough job answering the questions.

    Anyway, thanks for the updates - it's been a great insight into the process!

    Best of luck on making your decision and again well done! I look forward to hearing your decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it has been helpful :). When I was in your situation I tried to google it and find out if there were any info about the interviews at Maersk, but with not much luck. I've noticed that me writing about it have been helpful for many out there :). Many have searched with keywords like Maersk and interview and ended up at my page. I know how just some info about the interviews will calm you down and you wont feel as worried. So good luck to you and hope you do well and get a call back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    Thanks for the reply and cool that you took the job, what is your official title? I'm sure you made the right decision and the experience will be fantastic. Congratulations and well done on getting the job :D

    Well I'm still waiting to hear if I get a call back and the wait is killing me! Hopefully I will hear from them soon.

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation and best of luck with finding an apartment!

    ReplyDelete