Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ammonia is in the air

Interesting day. A good day. At least for me. Not for the seven people that apparently had to be hospitalized for observation. Three was an alarm at work today. Not a fire alarm but an alarm saying something like that there was a threat. I was in the bathroom so I did not hear. But we all had to leave the building. On the way out we felt a stench of ammonia in the halls and it was stinging in the eyes and really difficult to breath.

It was just before lunch so after a while we decided to go somewhere for lunch. So did many others and many other Maersk employees were at the same café as us. Then we heard another guy saying that the police at the office did not really know when the office would be opened again. And that many people had left to go home. So we decided to go home. I was at home at 3 pm which felt really nice.

Then in the evening a friend came over and cooked dinner for me. A truly perfect day. Half day at work and good food.

Later I heard that people had been let back in at around 6 pm and my collegues had went back in as well. But not T and me since we headed away from the office instead of towards it after leaving the café. Good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment