Wednesday, January 20, 2010

the tooth haunts me

It totally blows. I found out in the fall that I have to do some kind of surgery on my front tooth I broke in gym class when I was young. You see, sports are dangerous and no good for you! Anyway, I got this porcelain tooth when I was 18 and thought it was all good.

In December I went to the dentist for a check-up which I had not done since 2004 or 2005. Then he discovers that there is an inflammation in the root of the tooth and something has to be done about it. Great. I thought it would be all over with that.

So today I call my insurance company to see if it will be covered by the insurance, I was not really all that hopeful since my dentist said the insurance company sometimes sees the case closed after a porcelain tooth is put on. Now that was not true with my insurance company. But I found out that they had a stop date for my case. That stop date was when I turned 25.

I curse myself. Why did I not go earlier to the dentist could have discovered this inflammation? I had five years to go to the dentist. Ok, the inflammation might have appeared recently, but not so recent.

Dammit. Now I have to pay it all myself. It will not be cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment