Thursday, September 11, 2008

i want friends

And if that does not work out, I just want my friends.
Unfortunately they are spread all around the globe and are not where I am. Of course it takes time. To settle down. I know that. I am not the one to give up easily. And it is not like I have a lot of energy in the evenings to do all crazy things. But still, it would be nice to at least have something you were able to turn down.

Life is not as easy as when starting studying or going for exchange. Then you are suddenly grouped with all these people that are in the same situation as you. They are all starting something new and you do it together. Now it is just me. New in a group full of people that already have their lives and know what to do. Know what they want. And here I am. Just trying to fit in and settle down. Trying to figure out what I want.

So what do we do to solve this question?
- Start studying? Well, sometimes I wish. But I guess I should try out this thing called job a little while longer.
- Start picking random strangers on the street and ask if they want to have a coffee? Well, naa. I have not reached that point yet. And I am too shy.
- Start salsa/pottery/painting/ballet/whatever-I-can-think-of classes? Not yet.
- Put in an add in the paper? The perfect idea. I should start writing right away.

My more long term approach is to convince all my friends to start applying for jobs in Copenhagen. You know people, it is a lovely town. And why be spread all around the world when we can group in one place. It would make life easier for everybody.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Carin !

    I just fell by accident on your blog, and, well, keep the faith, green eye : I'm sure you'll find friends very soon. Too bad I'm far from Copenhagen, it would have been my pleasure to have a coffe with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm sure I will too. As the incurable optimist I am it will take quite a while before I start feeling really bad. And by then I'm sure I've already gotten many friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don´t worry baby, papa comes on 26 sep :)

    ReplyDelete