Thursday, September 11, 2008

what's waiting for me?

I just started thinking (when heading to bed which is not good because it means that I will not fall asleep early. Anyways).
I am here now. In Copenhagen. This is it.
I do not have anything to go back to. I have been moving around quite a lot these years after high school. But I always had somewhere to go after. When I moved to the US for one year I had my studies to start after that. I settled down in Jönköping for my studies and had a blast. Left for Singapore and Helsinki for studies abroad. I always had something to come back to. My lovely student apartment. My friends. My home. It would all be there when I came back. All the times I moved away I knew I had something good to come back to.

Now? I do not have anything anywhere in the world that is waiting for me. I have it here. This is the city I will stay in who knows for how long. This is my work. It is all here. Right here. I do not have any of those big things in my near future. Like going for exchange or doing something strange and fun. Now I am just working from 8.30am to 5pm every weekday. Monday to Friday. Week in and week out. It will never end. Man, it sounds like I am not cut out for this. Sometimes I feel like I am not. I just want to take my bag and head out in the world experience new things.

I should not think so far ahead. I should just take one day at a time. That I usually try to do. Then I have no reason to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment