Sunday, September 9, 2007

party at ida aalbergin tie

After a whole day of rest on Friday it was time to go out of my apartment again. I went to the city with M to buy some things and we just walked around in the stores.

Then it was time for a night on the town. The guys wanted to see this soccer game between France and Italy so we were heading to a sports bar. What someone hadn't thought about is that Finland was playing as well and what game were they showing? Of course the Finnish game. But then there was actually this bar showing the game so we went to Aussie Bar again. The plan was to go to this club in Kamppi mall, but the line was so long so we decided to take the bus home.

But the party didn't stop there. I took my Jägermeister bottle and M her tequila imported from Mexico and went to the guys living in 1F. We really had a good time with many laughs and shots. We have to do that again soon. It became another late night, was home after 4am. But at least this time I could walk a few meters and then I was at home. So that's why this day has been totally lazy. I know I need to figure out everything about school but that's another day.

Even though I'm not a fan of tequila I of course had to try the real thing.

The gang from the party at Ida. Here we have Marc, Anders, Maxim,
Andreas, Darius, Maria and Ken. Me and Mirelle is missing.

5 comments:

  1. hey! did you live in the dorm on "Ida Aalbergin Tie"?? I will start my exchange year this autumn. HOAS gave me this one. But when I googled it, neither available trains nor buses showed!! OMG! I don't drive... Is that true!? How did you go to school every day!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I live there, in the C building. And you dont have to worry! There is a bus just a few minutes walk away, that will take you straight to the school. It stops just right outside. Think it was bus 41. It runs decently often, like every 15-20 minutes. There are night busses as well.
    Hope you will have a great time! I sure did. Had some good times in Ida and also the school take really good care of the exchange students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from Germany and i will go to Helsinki this summer for summer school. I will stay also in "ida Aalbergin Tie" :)
    I hope it will be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it will be :) Helsinki (as all other Scandinavian cities) are really nice in the summer and a nice city to hang out in for a while :)
    "Ida" is a typical suburb with not much going on but with the other exchange students there you won't be bored :)
    Hope you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moi! How are you?? Last year I was an exchange student in Finland, I used to live in Ida 1F. I miss that place so much, I googled it to see if there´s something going there, and found your blog.

    It was nice to remember again all the adventures there, I am from Mexico, and I am glad to read that you were drinking tequila

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete