Sunday, September 30, 2007

cottage weekend

I'm back.
This weekend was the 'Cottage Weekend' for all exchange students. We were put in two buses and went to a house in the middle of nowhere. During the day on Saturday we had Finnish Olympics and tried on for example wife carrying (I got carried...) and throwing Nokia rubber boots.

For dinner there was an international theme, we all had to cook something from your own country. T and I did some potato salad and herring to that. Believe it or not but I've actually started to like herring! Tried it on Friday when I was at T's place to prepare the food. I decided to try it since it was a long time since I've tasted it, and I liked it. One more thing of the list of things I don't like. Anyway, there was a lot of good food and it was fun to try on all the different things.

Later in the evening it was time for the sauna. Of course there has to be a sauna involved and the jumping into the cold water in between. It was fun that so many tried on the sauna and actually got into the cold water. I think we were about 30 people in the sauna!

The party continued until 6am for me and I went to bed. But had such a trouble falling asleep since it was so hot in our room! We were 13 people in a small room with four bunk beds. In two of the beds we were sleeping two and there were three people sleeping on the floor. I shared the bed with a friend since there was not enough beds for all of us. There were people everywhere! So it was so hot in the room and with no air.

At 10am it was time to get up for breakfast, after four hours of sleep. At this time some people were still drunk since the party continued until 8am. But it was a lot of fun. A memorable weekend to say the least. Everybody slept on the bus ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment