Thursday, December 11, 2008

no raise for me

Oh, and I got a haircut! Nice with shorter hair again. Well, it was not that long before but it had passed six weeks since the last one so to me it felt long. I found a hairdresser I really like, she does a good job. Feels nice to hit jackpot the first time. Although she is kind of rough with the hairbrush and drying my hair. Luckily I am not that sensitive.

But it does sting a little bit every time I go to the hairdresser here in Denmark. In Sweden in Jönköping I went to the place considered a little bit expensive and paid around 400 SEK. Here in Denmark you usually have to pay 700 DEK(!!). It truly stings. Especially now when the Swedish crown is what it is against the Danish crown.

My Swedish collegues is happy though. Since they have gotten quite a raise the last couple of months. I started four months ago and then it was 1.25SEK/DKK. It is crazy. Everything is a little bit more expensive here and now, if I compare to Sweden, it is even more expensive. But I actually stopped comparing. What is the point when I get my salary in DKK and live here.

But I have to shop a lot at Christmas at home in Stockholm so it feels like I am saving money since it is so much cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment