Monday, June 15, 2009

a means to an end

Since I have been in a situation before where I was not happy with my job I have to try to learn from that experience. Interesting observation is that the word 'vantrivas' does not exist in English according to NE.se and is just translated to 'not be happy with'. Although, 'vantrivas' is a quite strong word and I am not sure whether it suits this situation.

After three months in this situation where I was unhappy I had two choices: 1) Accept the situation for what it was, a means to an end, or 2) change. I went for choice number one due to several reasons and after I made that choice it was easy. Sure, I still was not happy with the situation but I had made peace with it. It was never going to be what I dreamt of. But I have absolutely no regrets since it was a great time of my life. What made me survive it was everything around it, my free time that I had for myself and with my friends.

I think I need to do something similar this time. I need to get over it and see it for what it is: a means to an end. The tricky part here is that I do not know when it will ends or what comes next. Last time I knew it was for a limited time and I knew what was coming next. So just have to wait and see if it works this time as well. Because I do not just want to take anything that I will end up disliking. With this financial situation I might have to stay for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment