Monday, June 22, 2009

taste of summer

A midsummer is no midsummer without strawberries. So I had to make up for it since I did not have any strawberries in the weekend. I know, it is disastrous but better late than never (and the weekend was not really a typical midsummer anyway).

Of course I did not have any Swedish strawberries so Danish had to do. So tonight I had strawberries with milk and a bit of cream. Yummy. That is how summer tastes.



And tomorrow I will get another opportunity to celebrate midsummer. How great is that? Tomorrow it is Sankt Hans eve, which is the Danish midsummer. However, I think I will skip the first part: 'It has been celebrated since the times of the Vikings, by drinking goat piss and visiting healing water wells and making a large bonfire to ward away evil spirits'.

I guess I will see tomorrow if it can get anywhere near the great Swedish midsummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment