Monday, June 22, 2009

midsummer and unexpected celebrations

Midsummer came and passed. I did not plan for any real celebrations and stayed in Cph and was even working on Friday since it is not a holiday here. However, it turned out to be a quite interesting day anyway with celebrations. Not really midsummer celebrations but still.

I got a call on Friday from a friend asking if he and some others could join my dinner party Friday night. Since I had no plans of a dinner party I was fairly surprised. He has heard from H who in turn heard from A that I was having a dinner party. This 'dinner party' was a loose plan of K and me going out to dinner only. Apperently I was the last one to know about this dinner party at my own place. Then he asked me again: but you are going to the birthday party right? Once again I am surprised since I have heard nothing about a birthday party.

Then I just had to call my beloved friends that had arrange a dinner party at my place without my knowledge. Due to the short notice I did not do any cooking but we just decided to buy some nice Italian pizza from our favorite place. So I had a midsummer pizza instead of the herring that I do not even like.

Then we headed to the birthday party of a guy that I never met. The party was a lot of fun. The birthday boy was moving out and hence did not care about disturbance he may cause the neighbors. My friends dropped out quite early (the couples...) and as always my co-worker K and me was there until the end. We had no reason to leave early and had fun playing this game where you had to answer questions from cards. Those people now know more (intimate) details than they should after only knowing each other for a few hours. But fun we had indeed.

As the hours passed it got brighter and brighter outside which felt weird since you are usually familiar with the opposite after a long winter. Even the birds had woken up by now. When we finally decided to break up it was very late or early depending on how you see it. I never had to worry about how to get home, since at this point the S-trains had started to run again and no TAXI was needed. There was no people on the way home from a night out but only people heading to work. The metro was clean and smelled of soap, which was a first.

Coming home I went straight to bed dead tired. As always, I woke up damn early at 11 am with only 4 ½ hours of sleep (then you can also figure out when I went to bed...). I had to go up since I could not fall asleep again even though being really tired. Always have to do that and take a nap during the day instead.

So Midsummer eve did involve some kind of celebrations in the end. And Midsummer day involved a lot of sleeping and chilling in the sofa in front of the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment