Thursday, November 12, 2009

what we learned today

No one ever calls my cellphone. First of all, it is crappy connection out here so I cannot really talk on it. Second, not much is going on in my life at the moment and I do not really expect any calls when I am at home. Hence my cellphone is usually lying in my room or somewhere where I am usually not.

Just now, getting in to bed I checked my phone as I usually do to see if something have happened to it while I have been gone. A text or a missed call. Usually not, see point two above.

Too my surprise there was a missed call. If I do get a call it is usually from someone I have in the address book and know. Now there was an unknown number with the area code of Stockholm. Of course I had to look the number up at Eniro.se, and my first thought was that it belonged to some of these sales stuff since it was a general number.

It was not, it belonged to 7-Eleven and Pressbyrån in Stockholm. It hits me that I applied for a job there. A trainee program. No email or no message left.

What do we learn from this? I should keep my cellphone with me at all times.

(What I also should do is to change my outgoing message on my voice mail, since it still says that I no longer live in Sweden and I can be contacted on my Danish number. I should also check my Danish number for any messages.)

No comments:

Post a Comment