Sunday, December 27, 2009

a boxing day in london

One day behind here, but Boxing Day was the last day in London. We had heard that Boxing Day was when all the sales started in the shops so we wanted to do some last minute shopping before heading back home.

We realized it would be crazy on Oxford Street due to the sale, but perhaps not this crazy. We started at Primark with all the cheap stuff and picked up a few items and we managed to get out alive although a bit sweaty. Our next location in mind was New Look. After managing to squeeze in to look at the shoes it was every woman for herself. It was totally insane! At one point I almost got into panic. I was trying on a pair of boots after I was going to put on my own pair of boots I realized that the one shoe I had taken off was gone! My own boot was gone! I yelled after my sister to get here immediately and help searching for the shoe. We both ran around with no luck, then I saw the shoe lying among a pile of other shoes thank god.

We only managed those two stores, way too much people and no more energy to fight with all the other crazy shoppers. We went back to our hood and to the pub next to our hotel to have one last lunch. I seem to be so hungry at all dinners, so I never remember to take photos of it. I always take photos of the food, but I did remember to take a photo of the delicious dessert, although when we almost had finished it.


Sticky toffee and date pudding with custard. And it was served warm. Really delicious!

Then it was time to head back to the hotel to pick up the bags to do a bit of repacking. We managed to shop quite a lot those last few hours and squeezed all the new items into the carry-on bags we had. Then we took the tube to Heathrow airport and that was that. The Christmas weekend of 2009 in London.


No comments:

Post a Comment