Monday, April 20, 2009

not time to move on just yet

I am afraid. My motivation is lacking at work. I do not dread the mornings when I have to get up for work. But I am always counting the hours til five o'clock and days til weekends during my working day. I have only worked here about eight months which is not a lot. It is too early to be tired of a working place. It got worse last week and I am not sure if it is just a temporary or lasting feeling. Before starting to work I lived in three different places during 1.5 year. After 5-6 months I moved on to something new which is not possible now. Have I gotten used to it?

After my year in US when the work totally sucked, I promised myself not to be in a situation like that again. But it is not like I can just pick up and leave and start something new. If I could, I would not know where to go since I am not sure what I want to do. One thing I am starting to realize is that finance might not be my calling.

In US I survived due to all my very good friends that made it worth staying. Maybe that is what I am missing here. Well, perhaps not completely missing but definitely not enough.

Something needs to change. I need to stay at least another year and this lack of motivation will not be helping. But how do you swing it the other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment