Friday, August 8, 2008

accommodation: check

When I came home from Germany it was just to start searching for an apartment in Copenhagen. With only two weeks left of freedom I really needed to find something. And fast. I put up ads at two free websites and emailed a whole bunch of ads. But barely got any replies. Since no luck there I decided to buy access to boligportal.dk which seemed to have many ads of apartments and rooms that people want to sublet. Good thing that I did that. Started to send out a bunch of emails and as soon as new ads popped up I sent them emails.

After only three days I had some apartments and rooms that I could check out. So I decided to go to Copenhagen over the day to check some apartments out, and since people rather rent to people they have actually met. I had four apartments I could check out and a couple of rooms in shared flats. I only checked out the four apartments since I knew I could get one of them. I had two apartments that I decided between. One was quite nice and rather close to where I will work which is a big plus. On the other hand, the other apartment was a lot nicer but a little bit further away. In the end I decided to go for the nicer one which I could also rent for just six months to start with. The best part is that I can move in already on Sunday, so I do not have to stay with my relatives in Malmö in the beginning.

So I am happy. Everything worked out fine in the end. I got an apartment which I really like, and only five days before I start working. I am a firm believer of that everything works out in the end. Like here, it worked out. I do not have to become a homeless bum living in a tent at the lawn in front of the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment