Friday, August 8, 2008

germany

Maybe it is time for an update. I guess I have had kind of a vacation from the blog. I just get like that sometimes. The trip to Germany was just great. First I flew down to Munich and spend one day in the city with A, a friend from Helsinki, who met me at the airport. Then we went on to his hometown and his family's house. Seeing some Bavarian cities, trying Bavarian food, and of course beer. It was really nice. A also had his birthday so we celebrated it and partied with his friends. They were not at all to Bavarian and conservative haha.

Then I took the train to Cologne and met up with a friend I met the first week in Singapore staying at a hostel. She lived outside of Bonn and it was really cool seeing her again. The next day I headed back to Cologne and I really enjoyed the city. The weather became great and it was more than 30 degrees and sunshine. Lovely. I stayed with A, another friends I got to know in Helsinki. I also met three other exchange students from the time in Helsinki so it was quite a reunion. I was lucky so many was in and around one city. I really liked Cologne, a cool and nice city. We went to some nice bars and I loved the cheap beers and cocktails. 3.50 euros for a cocktail is not bad at all when you come from expensive Sweden. Yummy.

Then I continued to Münster to visit my dear old flatmate from Singapore. Had such a great time with her as usual, so much fun seeing her again. Talking all memories and of course a lot of talking about food in true Singapore spirit. She knew the good places and took me to have some great food. Just like Singapore times when we planned the day around eating. Love it. Then I was lucky once again that another Singapore girl was close and met us up the last day.

All in all I had a great vacation. I met eight friends from the exchange students in eight days. Quite good rate. So once again I was surrounded by Germans, but this time in Germany so it made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment