Monday, August 11, 2008

first day at work

My first day of work came and went.
It was all good, started out with some general information for new employees. Apparently there are many starting now. Then I got introduced to my group and my own desk. The Center Finance department is quite big but my group, called Statutory Accounts if I remember correctly, consists only of six people. My boss who is Danish, then we have an Indian guy, a Polish girl, two Swedish girls and then me. So half of the group is Swedish, who would have expected that.

They all seem very nice and it is a relaxed feeling with the group. Which is good since I was afraid it might be a little stiff there. But no need to worry. I got introduced to many people that I cannot remember the names of, and then most people are still on vacation. It was quite empty. I also got a tour and they have a fitness center, masseur, dry cleaning and a really nice breakfast and lunch place. Big salad and lunch buffet with all kinds of things, and then fruits and sandwiches if you do not have time for a big lunch.

Then finally I got introduced to what I am supposed to work with. So I will be working with administration costs and keeping track of the numbers and doing reports of weather the reported budget is the same as the actual numbers. Financial Controller. It will of course take some time before I get all into it, since they have not really had a person working with this for a while. But I will be fine. It think I will like it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I have an interview tomorrow at Maersk and I just read your comments about the 1st,2nd and 3rd interviews. I was just surfing to find some clues about Maersk interviews so your blog helped me with that. I hope that I will also go through all the steps you went through and finally make it to Maersk HQ in Copenhagen.
    I wish you good luck with your new job - hope you will like it!
    Asli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I've heard from many that it has been helpful :). I'm just glad I can help some people not to worry before their interviews. Always easier when you know at least something :). I hope you do well on your interview and maybe I'll see you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carin
    I must say that your blog is really helpful to me too. I am actually one of the reader who use ur blog as a guidance for an interview. Starting from 1st, 2 nd and third. and Now, I just got employed by maersk last thursday. Anyhow, we might end up meeting each other one day there! :)
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gratulations! :) I hope you will like working at Maersk, I am so far. Well, I've only been here for one week but it seems quite good :) Where will you be working? Yeah, it's a small world so who knows, someday we might meet. :) Take care

    ReplyDelete