Wednesday, May 6, 2009

berlin

Waking up on 1st of May I was very happy that I did not have to go to work and that might flight left at 2 pm. This due to the fact that I went to bed at 3 am being a bit tipsy. I managed to wake up and started packing for the Berlin trip. At the airport - after a burger at Burger King - I almost felt human again.

In Berlin, Maxim was nice enought to meet me at the airport and take me into town. Then it was time for Mireille's arrival and we all met up at the hostel we stayed at. A bit of a Helsinki reunion indeed. Really nice to see them all again. Then it was time to head downtown and to Kreuzberg famous for its 1st of May riots. A whole gang of cops met us coming out of the metro. Even so we never managed to see anything, luckily. It was all peace and quiet were we were dancing in the street all night long. Although, some jerk stole my wallet out of my bag while dancing even though I kept checking once in a while. It was just to start calling and cancel all the credit cards. First day of vacation. Lovely.


I had to live off Mireille the rest of the time in Berlin. Next day when we went to the cops they gave me that look when I told them where I had been when I got robbed. The cop that took my statement was nicer though and was surprised that we had not noticed a thing since it had been some disturbances. We made it home safely without problema and next two days was spent walking around town just enjoying the warm beautiful weather. And of course drinking some beer. Yeah, believe it.


I also got the chance to meet up with Simone that I met in Singapore, so it was a really nice weekend seeing three old exchangers. Good food and cheap drinks. Loving the happy hours with 3.50 euro for cocktails. After the cocktails we ended up at a really cool club called Lido where they played old souls music all night long.



Good times, good times. Of course not getting the wallet stolen but what can you do. Not much really. It is not like I am expecting to ever see it again. Berlin was cool, but do not know if I like it more than Cologne though where I was last summer.

1 comment:

  1. Luckily you know that you like Regensburg more where you also were last summer! ;)

    ReplyDelete