Monday, October 4, 2010

the day of the cinnamon bun

Today being Kanelbullens dag, The cinnamon bun day, and all I of course could not let that go unnoticed. But I did not feel like making the traditional cinnamon bun, so I was a little bit unpatriotic and made American cinnamon buns instead, so called Sticky Buns javascript:void(0)(although I made them as separates instead of a 'cake').

I loved the filling although I had to switch the pecans for almonds this time as I did not have that at home. So definitely have to try it out with pecans later. The filling consisted of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts, and almonds. Then the buns were topped with chopped walnuts, almonds and a creme cheese glaze.

I think I might have found a favorite cinnamon bun receipt.

Cinnamon buns, or Sticky buns, with creme cheese glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment