Monday, February 28, 2011

the suit

Took out my suit from the wardrobe today where it has been collecting dust. I bought it in 2008 for my second and third interview with Maersk. Those two occations are the only times the suit have been allowed out into the fresh air. I am not really a suit person, I just do not feel comfortable with it.

So here I am now, going for an assessment day for a 'suit company' (at least that was the impression for my first interview there) so that is why the suit have come out to breathe once again.

It is ironic though, I found a receipt in the jacket pocket from Burger King. It is where me and my suit ate lunch on June 30th 2008 at Copenhagen airport after my final interview with Maersk. On June 30th 2009, exactly one year later, my boss called me into an office and let me go. (For funsies I looked into what I did June 30th 2010, I was on an interview in Stockholm (they picked another girl over me)).

It brought me luck then (one could pretend) as I did get the job, perhaps it will tomorrow. Or luck, it brought me to a job I ended up resenting but that is not the suits fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment