Monday, June 30, 2008

is this for me?

Back home again after the interview with Maersk. It went well, I actually felt that this interview was easier than the first two. There were two guys and one of them was not used to doing interviews I think, seemed insecure about what questions to ask.

Since I read the job description I have had some doubts because it is not something I imagined myself working with. But as the two men said today, the job requires someone with analytical skills and like working with numbers. That would fit me perfectly. Still there is something that does not feel right.

And when they said that they expect me to stay three years I felt that I was already out of the door. Maybe it was naive of me to think I could stay only one or two years with this job and then move on to something more exciting. To give the job three years of my life when I have doubts and trouble imagine myself working with it, does not sound appealing.

Tomorrow I am heading for vacation and I need to give it some serious thought. But the thing is, always when I have to make some tough decisions I never have to think for a long time. Because deep down I always know what I want. You always know what you want, even though you might not want to realize it since it might not feel like the smartest decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment