Friday, February 26, 2010

another focaccia

Did another batch of the delicious focaccia today, however it did not turn out as great as the previous. This time I used sun dried tomatoes marinated in herbs and garlic and used the oil in the dough to get all the flavors of the herbs (instead of olive oil), feta, and sunflower seeds. I should try with less filling next time, I think the problem was too much filling, it was a bit compact and not as fluffy as the previous. And I forgot my favorite part, the flaked salt on top. The bread was good, but have to try again another time to see if I can get it just the way I want it.


The sun dried tomatoes from Ridderheims must be my absolute favorite. They are delicious to eat just how they are topped on a brie sandwich, or mixed together with Philadelphia cheese and spread on piece of bread, that spread is also great to fill chicken fillets with and wrap them with Parma ham. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment