Saturday, July 18, 2009

the yearly visit


On Wednesday evening me and sis took off for Finland. Flying to Helsinki we stayed one night at our uncle's place before we drove up north on Thursday. So here we are again for our yearly visit in our cottage in the middle of nowhere. I am hoping that the weather will be nicer than last year when we barley got any sunshine. So far it has been decent and I think I even improved my tan today. Since there is not much action here you find other things to enjoy yourself with. Like feeding bread to the duckling family with seven kids. Solving crosswords. Checking the net for fish. Reading. Borrowing sis' Nintendo DS. Eating stuff (always happens to sis and me when we get bored, unfortunately). Also you find grocery shopping and going to the hardware store strangely amusing. Oh, and every other day we of course go to the sauna. Although I have not been into the lake yet, it has not been warm enough. Will see if happens thoug I am known to be a 'badkruka', i.e. someone who has trouble getting into the water. Well especially if it is cold. Lets cross our fingers for some got weather tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment