Saturday, May 22, 2010

man in the speaker box

I almost had to spend the night yesterday at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs where I work. Involuntarily that is.

I stayed a while because I had a few job applications I wanted to send before I left. I come down to the entrance and see that the guard that usually lets you in and out has gone for the day. You can pass by using a card key and personal code but so far I had not had the chance to use it. I slide the card and press in my code but nothing happens. I hear no click suggesting that the door is unlocked. I slide the card once again, and again, and again, and again. Nothing happens.

I am getting a bit anxious at that point, with no one in sight to ask and it is Friday evening and everybody must have left at this point. What do I do?

Then I spot something and can happily exhale. There is a button, I press it and I hear a mans voice. I tell him I cannot get out and he eventually lets me out. Thank you man in the speaker box.

No comments:

Post a Comment