Thursday, May 13, 2010

nationalmuseum

Went to Nationalmuseum (National Museum) in Stockholm today, one of the museum I had not been to. Throughout the years I have been to several of all the historical museums in Stockholm with school. But not really any of the art museums. However, what I liked most with Nationalmuseum is not the paintings (too much historical paintings for my taste, I am more in favor of modern art), but the design exhibition called just Design 19002000. Since I have an interest for design of all sorts this was my thing, with plenty of nice Swedish designs.

However, one thing that really caught my attention was the display of busts in the hall they are rebuilding. Normally I assume they display a bust on a pedestal, but due to the remodeling they had put all the busts on this rough, scaffold. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment