Tuesday, October 7, 2008

it's all legal

Yesterday I got a call from a manager who had some questions regarding figures he need to update and send to me. Then he continued by saying that he had a question regarding something totally different. He asked if I write a blog. Got a little bit thrown by the question but of course I said yes, since I do have a blog. He is a lawyer and working with this legal stuff and are doing scannings of where the company name is mentioned. Of course my blog had then popped up.

A couple of people have reacted on the fact that I mention the company that I am working for. After two had done that I started to remove some of the times when I actually mentioned it. When the guy called I was a little bit worried but he soon calmed me down by saying that it is totally ok mentioning the company name. That it is still my right to be able to mention it but of course I cannot give out any sensitive information. Which I am totally aware off and I know I have not done such a thing.

I guess he have been checking it out and thought that it was me writing the blog. Good that someone actually mentioned it so I do not have to worry about mentioning the company name. I can feel safe when I got the confirmation from a lawyer :)

1 comment:

  1. i got the same warning from my HR. but i had to shut down mine... but i wrote nothing sensitive that would leak out any information... was devastated when 3 yrs of memory had to be wiped off...

    but yeah, take care :)

    ReplyDelete