Tuesday, January 13, 2009

danish class

I have started learning Danish.
I could never imagine that sentence coming out of me.
I have never been able to understand Danes. I remember sixth grade when we made a class trip to the island Bornholm that belongs to Denmark. The instructor for climbing-down-the-mountain thing of course talked Danish and I did not understand a thing. Very safe considering the situation.

Anyway, I feel like an question mark every time hearing Danish. And of course, living in another country I feel obligated to actually learn the language. That goes for any country, at least to learn some basic things. Since Danish is in fact so closely linked to Swedish it should be easier than learning a completely new language.

At least that is what I thought. Sometimes it can be tricky since you have the Swedish in the back of your mind all the time. Instead I should just focusing on learning a totally new language. But it can be damn hard with the pronunciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment