Friday, June 13, 2008

second interview

About that interview. I flew down on Monday to Copenhagen for my second interview at Maersk. Of course the flight got delayed and I had to wait for the baggage to arrive. I had two hour planned from arrival until the interview, but then I also had to take the train to the city center, drop of my bag at the storage at the central station, and then head to Maersk headquarter. Finally I got there with 15 minutes to spare, so that felt good.

They headquarter looks very strict and posh. I got surprised about what some people wore, since I had the picture that the dress code was kind of strict. But some wore simple sandals and some very casual summer clothes.

A woman came and picked me up and we went upstairs and I had to do another logical test. It went ok, about the same results as last time just a little bit better. I think I got questions right 30 out of 32 answered of the 50 questions in total in 12 minutes.

Then it was time for the interview and this time it was more focus on my qualifications, different experiences, how I handled some situations. Then I also got the question about what I think I will be working with in 10 years. How can I possibly know that since I do not know what I want to do now? Of course they also asked what I like to do now. I tried to ask, what I would like to do now is some analytical work. However, the interview felt good and I was able to answer the questions good I think.

Although, now when a few days has passed I do not feel as secure as I did after the interview. Now I start doubting myself and the answers I gave her. I told her I wanted to do analytical work and maybe I should have said something else as well. She told me that I was considered for a spot in the financial trainee program they have, or maybe another position if I would fit into that instead. So I guess I just have to wait and see now. Two weeks, or almost one now, until I know if I will be spending my next two years in Copenhagen. I want to move there! Please, please let me have it.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Carin did u get the job??? Can u be more detailed about the interview process??/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you just continue reading you will find out how it went. I'm not a citizen of Copenhagen. I've described the interview process in many posts. If you want more info you have to be more specific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carin congratulations!!! ....read further and realised you got the job....kindly let me know if technical skills relating to your course of study was tested. I have my second interview next week......Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete