Thursday, June 19, 2008

stereotypes of americans

I have been watching Eurotrip. The movie with the tagline 'No actual Europeans were harmed in the making of this film'. I like it, even though it is kind of stupid. I guess that is why it is so funny. It is not really making fun of Europeans, it is making fun of Americans. The first time I watched it was when I was living in the US, hilarious when you have some experience about what Americans actually think about Europeans. All the typical stereotypes and preconceptions Americans have about Europeans. Sometimes maybe a little bit exaggerated, but sometimes so very true. I have even experienced some of them. It is interesting that some Americans can in fact be that ignorant.

And I like the soundtrack, the song named 'Scotty Doesn't Know'. When Matt Damon do a guest appearance as the singer. Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment