Monday, September 21, 2009

do not even try ripping me off

I am pissed. Just received an email from my previous landlord in Copenhagen. She is deducting 1000 DKK from the deposit that I will get back. The reason being that she had to clean the apartment for eight hours. Sure, this might sound as a decent deal. If you do not know the story behind it.

The apartment was nasty when I moved in! The bathroom I think was the most disgusting since it had not seen a deep cleanse in a while. There was dirt and sand all over the floors, I could not walk barefoot since it felt nasty. There was paper, makeup pencils, and candies under the sofa. The floors had not been vacuumed at all. The kitchen was also quite nasty. Under a bowl I found gum(!) sticking the bowl to the shelf.

I emailed her about this just days after I moved in and she replied that: About the cleaning, then I am sorry that it wasnt done better. I just expect you to leave the apartment in the same condition as you found it. Thank gawd I still have the emails.

Like hell I am paying here 1000 DKK for cleaning the apartment.

2 comments: