Saturday, September 26, 2009

what if this was my life

Tonight I spent one and a half hour of my life watching the Swedish program Här är ditt liv (This is your life) and I am really glad I did. A Swedish celebrity is kidnapped and becomes the focus of the evening, being presented with his own life and guests form the past and present. Tonight the guest was Jan Eliasson a Swedish diplomat.

I am really impressed with Jan as a person and what he has accomplished throughout his life. It is impressing to hear him talk about his experiences and philosophies. How only words can have a large impact on events. Even more impressing when you watch the greetings from international people and friends like Colin Powell, Madelaine Albright, and Kofi Annan. Kofi Annan who later even showed up as a guest in the show with his Swedish wife. (You can shortly see the episode here.)

It was incredible seeing Kofi Annan appear as a guest and as a friend of Jan Eliasson. These two men are both very impressing and inspiring. Now my surpressed dream of working in the UN again appears and I wish I could make a difference in the world as they have. If I could accomplish only ten percent of what they have accomplished I would be extremely satisfied.

One could only dream being a guest on the same show with that life, those experiences, and a friend like Kofi Annan.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to read that there are more Ladies out there who also are inspired by Jan Eliasson.

    Funny enough, Aftonbladet claims that the program was made by old men for old men.....

    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article5862628.ab

    ReplyDelete