Sunday, September 27, 2009

made for a young woman like me

Relating to last night's show is this article in Aftonbladet, where many of the viewers are of the opinion that the show is made by old men for old men. Then of course the question of gender equality comes up yet again since the guests of honor have been men so far.

It never even crossed my mind and to question why there had not been any women as guests. It is not about the gender but what this person have accomplished and whether s/he is interesting. In my opinion I do not understand how you can question the choice of last night's guest and drag up the gender equality issue, when you have Jan Eliasson and Kofi Annan in the show. Two men who have been fighting for humanitarian rights which is a much greater problem in the world. In my opinion I do not think they will be able to top last night's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment